Rebecca is a Coopworth ewe. Sherman is a Romney x Clun Forest wether. They were flock mates and friends before Rebecca came to Sheridan Flats. Their combined fleece has the characteristics of a long Staple for a sturdy yarn and wavy consistent crimp for a nice loft.
- Hand dyed yarn spun from 100% wool
- Sport weight 2 ply mill spun
- 200 yard skeins at approximately 3oz each
- This is a yarn that has just enough sheen to show off the depths of the dye. It is ideal for a scarf, hat, mittens or other outer-wear.
- Hand dyed with some slight variegation. We use high quality acid dyes to achieve bright vivid colors.
Sheridan Flats yarn by Rebecca and Sherman was produced from fleece grown on our farm and another local farm in Washington (the state). The yarn was milled in Oregon. The yarn was dyed on our farm. We are proud to offer products produced by small businesses all local to the Pacific Northwest.
Your order can be shipped as a twisted skein (standard) or as a center-pull cake (on special request at no charge).
The product photographs are a true representation of the colors; however, colors on your monitor may vary.
Hand wash only with cool water and a gentle wool shampoo to maintain color and quality. Use a towel to press out excess water, do not wring or twist. Air dry flat.